Saturday, August 8, 2015

Are you ready for some football?

Since we're out of town again this coming week (Massachusetts again), I wanted to get a few pictures uploaded before we leave. I'll also try and update via my phone at least once while we are gone.

As you may know, Lucas had a football camp this week. He's been interested in playing it for several years, but you can't start until 8 in Ottawa. Since playing in a league is a pretty big time commitment, we wanted to let him try this first. Then, if he's still interested, he can play next year since his plate is full this year with soccer and hockey (and probably swim lessons).

Since the clock just passed 1 AM, I'm just going to post a few highlights from the open scrimmage they had today on the last day of camp. When I get back, I'll post any others that seem worthy (plus a video or two). If you're having trouble locating Lucas in any of the pictures, he's #64 and he is one of the shortest kids on the field. He was in the 8-10 age group, and I think the majority of kids were 9 or 10.

The first photo is from one of the running drills they did at the beginning. Nothing too special, but since none of the other photos are "active" ones, I wanted to show that he did move.


He saw me taking photos so of course that meant to cover his face.


This was one of the biggest kids in the camp. I get a kick out of the size disparity between him and Lucas. That said, it was cool to see Lucas hang out and hang with the older kids.


Setting up in the backfield as a running back.


I thought this photo was amusing since it looks like he's giving the team a pep talk. It probably wasn't anything of the sort, but that's what I choose to believe.


Photo op after the game.



No comments: